- Mr. Aker was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the Palestine Telecom Group in February 2010.
- Prior to assuming the position of the Group CEO in 2010, Mr. Aker was appointed in 2005 as CEO of the Palestine Cellular Communications Co. Ltd., Jawwal, the leading cellular operator in Palestine. He not only led Jawwal's efforts maintaining the largest market share, surpassing the two million subscriber threshold; but he also inspired the company to create a unique customer experience for millions of customers. This was done in spite of numerous operational challenges in the Palestinian market.
- Mr. Aker began his career at Jawwal in February 2000 as the Financial Controller and was promoted to Chief Financial Officer a year later. As the first CFO of Jawwal he was responsible for revolutionizing all back office support functions, including accounting, finance, collections, purchases, human resources, administrative affairs, and carrier relations.
- Mr. Aker has recently been appointed as Chairman of the Board of Directors of VTEL MENA, a company that was established a few years ago as part of Paltel’s offshore investments with a vision to tap into regional telecom markets. Paltel holds a 25% position in VTEL.
- Mr. Aker holds a BS degree in Accounting from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, USA and an MS degree in Accounting from Kent State University, Ohio, USA.
- About Padico
- Investor Relations
- Social Responsibility
- Media Center
- Contact us
Mr. Ammar Abdel Moneim Aker