Conferences & Workshops
PADICO HOLDING’s Board of Director and Executive Management have been regular contributors and speakers in the following local, regional and international conferences and workshops:
- Palestine Investment Conference
- Palestinian Capital Market Forum
- Investments in Jerusalem Conference
- Palestinian Human resources Development Conference
Regional & International
- PADICO HOLDING's Chairman of the Board, Munib R. Masri, and CEO, Samir Hulileh, both spoke at the World Economic Forum's (WEF) Middle East Summit in Jordan in 2012. The WEF is an international organization devoted to bringing political, business, and civil society leaders together to shape global, regional, agendas in a way that will improve the state of world. PADICO HOLDING's Chairman and CEO also participated in WEF summits in Davos, Switzerland and Marrakech, Morocco.
- PADICO HOLDING participated in the first ever meeting of the Middle East International Relations Society hosted by the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange in November 2012. The goal of the meeting was to discuss the implementation of a Society 'Code of Best Practice' which will be presented at the ME-IR Society Annual Awards Conference on November 29th.
- PADICO HOLDING's Chairman of the Board, Munib R. Masri, and Board member Zahi Khoury both wrote opinion pieces challenging comments made by then Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, which suggesting that Palestinians are culturally inferior to their Israeli neighbors. The New York Times published Mr. Masri's article, titled, "Occupation, Not Culture, Is Holding Palestinians Back," on 3 August 2012. Mr Khoury's article ran in the Washington Post on 10 August 2012 under the title, "The Palestine Romney Doesn't Know."
- PADICO HOLDING CEO Samir Hulileh spoke at the 2012 Global Empowerment Meeting at Harvard University's center for International Development. The event focused on examining the the dramatic shifts in strategies to create prosperity, understanding the dynamics of innovative and impactful initiatives, and empowering disadvantaged populations.
- PADICO HOLDING participated in the 6th Annual Harvard Arab Weekend. The four-day event reviewed a range of issues and challenges that are facing the Middle East as a result of the political revolutions in that region. PADICO helped to sponsor the weekend's Business Day as part of the Company's ongoing partnership with the Harvard Business School's Middle East and North Africa club. PADICO HOLDING also took part in last year's Harvard Arab Weekend.
PADICO HOLDING also supported or participated in the following:
- Palestine Exchange Road Shows: Chile, UK
- Water Conference , Dubai
- Palestinian Russian Business Council, Russia
- Palestine International Business Forum, Sweden
- UNRWA Annual Meeting, Jordan
- Second Mediterranean Business Form, Italy
- Turkish Palestinian Joint Business Council
- Fourth United Nations Conference on the Least Developed Countries